Blazing a trail for energy solutions in Texas
As a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of utility-scale solar and storage sites, Pine Gate Renewables is bringing energy solutions to Texas by expanding access to renewable energy and supporting Texas’ future as a leading energy producer.
Pioneering Clean Energy for Texas
Located outside of Meridian, TX in Bosque County, the Solheim Solar project is a 100-megawatt (MW) solar farm that will supply clean, cost-effective and reliable power to the Texas grid. That’s enough clean energy to power nearly 14,747 Texas homes each year.
Delivering Local Economic Impact
Solheim Solar will deliver a significant investment in Bosque County through new taxes and landowner payments over the life of the project, plus economic opportunities, and a boost for local businesses.
Approximately 400 jobs created during construction, with a focus on local hiring, workforce development and training.
Economic opportunities and a boost for local businesses
Increased activity at local hotels and restaurants
Business opportunities for local heavy machinery and rental companies
Pine Gate Renewables will establish an employee-directed fund to support local giving efforts and community interest programs in Bosque County.
Protecting Texas Land and Wildlife
With the Solheim Solar Project, Pine Gate Renewables is committed to preserving Texas’ beauty and protecting Texas land and wildlife.
- Through its SolarCulture™ initiative, Pine Gate Renewables will protect and preserve the land on which the Solheim Solar Project will exist to help native plants and animals thrive.
- During the life of the Solheim Solar Project, the underlying land will be undisturbed by humans, pesticides, and other damaging factors to biodiversity.
- We work with landowners and local experts to preserve and protect the land where we site our projects, while maintaining the natural look and feel of area through the use of native, drought tolerant vegetation.
Committed to Safety and Longevity
Committed to safety and longevity through a strategic partnership with Blue Ridge Power, we provide expertise in solar engineering, procurement, and construction, we understand complicated projects and are highly focused on quality control, safety, and efficiency.
- With 4,900MW of projects completed, Blue Ridge understands complicated projects and is highly focused on quality control, safety, and craftsmanship.
- Blue Ridge Power works directly in the community and can address localized issues and concerns, and act quickly to coordinate changes along the way.
- The equipment that is installed in our solar project is rigorously tested and our panels are built to last with a 40+ year lifespan
- No harmful emissions or odors are released in creating electricity
- Multiple safety precautions and procedures are in place to avoid sparks or electrical issues
- A decommission plan is in place to safely remove all materials at the end of the project
2023 - 2025Development
2025 - 2026Construction
Work With Us
Pine Gate Renewables is dedicated to engaging with the communities we are a part of, listening to community feedback, understanding the concerns and values of our neighbors, and making changes when we can. We are committed to being a good neighbor for the long term and we want to hear from you!
Send us your questions and we will work diligently to answer your inquiry in a timely manner.
Work With Us! Pine Gate Renewables also strives to work with local business and organizations whenever possible during the development, construction, and lifespan of our projects. From equipment rental and service, to lodging and hospitality, or IT and other technology needs, if you own or manage a business and are interested in partnering with Pine Gate Renewables on the Porter Solar Project, please include your company name and information about your services on the contact form and we will be in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pine Gate Renewables: Getting Solar Done
Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company headquartered in Asheville, North Carolina. The company is mission-driven to create a positive impact on local communities through the development of low-cost solar and storage in alliance with strategic partners including corporations, utilities, and landowners plus their communities across the United States. Pine Gate Renewables provides renewable energy and storage solutions across the United States. With one of the nation’s largest operating fleets and development pipelines, the company currently has more than 275 employees based across the country; has 1.9 GW in operating assets; 21 GW in development; and 99 operational sites across 29 states.
In Texas, Pine Gate is leading the way for energy solutions by expanding access to renewable energy and supporting Texas’ future as a leading energy producer. With more than $1 billion in capital investment planned for numerous projects that will generate 1.2GW of clean energy, Pine Gate Renewables is proud to be a part of the clean energy economy in Texas, bringing jobs and low-cost clean power to communities across the state to help meet Texas’ growing energy demand.