Blazing a trail for energy solutions in Texas
As a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of utility-scale solar and storage sites, Pine Gate Renewables is bringing energy solutions to Texas by expanding access to renewable energy and supporting Texas’ future as a leading energy producer.
Pioneering Clean Energy for Texas
Located just outside Denton, Texas, Porter Solar is a 245-megawatt solar project that will provide emissions free energy to the Texas grid, while preserving the natural Texas-beauty and ecosystem in Denton and Wise Counties.
Preserving Texas Beauty with Low Visual Impact
Porter Solar will blend in with its natural surroundings, have notable setbacks from property lines, and the solar panels will be surrounded by a wildlife fence and a vegetative buffer in certain areas to shield the project from view.
Once operational, the solar panels will emit virtually no noise. From 10 yards away, the sound of the equipment on site is comparable to a typical conversation volume. At the property line, the noise produced is inaudible.
Delivering Local Economic Impact
Porter Solar will deliver an estimated $265 million in investment in Denton and Wise Counties through new taxes and landowner payments over the life of the project, plus economic opportunities, and a boost for local businesses.
Approximately 200 jobs created during construction, with a focus on local hiring, workforce development and training.
Economic opportunities and a boost for local businesses
Increased activity at local hotels and restaurants
Business opportunities for local heavy machinery and rental companies
Pine Gate Renewables will establish an employee-directed fund to support local giving efforts and community interest programs in Denton and Wise Counties.
Protecting Texas Land and Wildlife
With the Porter Solar Project, Pine Gate Renewables is committed to preserving Texas’ beauty and protecting Texas land and wildlife.
- Through its SolarCulture™ initiative, Pine Gate Renewables will protect and preserve the land on which the Porter Solar Project will exist to help native plants and animals thrive.
- During the life of the Porter Solar Project, the underlying land will be undisturbed by humans, pesticides, and other damaging factors to biodiversity.
- We work with landowners and local experts to preserve and protect the land where we site our projects, while maintaining the natural look and feel of area through the use of native, drought tolerant vegetation.
Committed to Safety and Longevity
Committed to safety and longevity through a strategic partnership with Blue Ridge Power, we provide expertise in solar engineering, procurement, and construction, we understand complicated projects and are highly focused on quality control, safety, and efficiency.
- With 4,900MW of projects completed, Blue Ridge understands complicated projects and is highly focused on quality control, safety, and craftsmanship.
- Blue Ridge Power works directly in the community and can address localized issues and concerns, and act quickly to coordinate changes along the way.
- The equipment that is installed in our solar project is rigorously tested and our panels are built to last with a 40+ year lifespan
- No harmful emissions or odors are released in creating electricity
- Multiple safety precautions and procedures are in place to avoid sparks or electrical issues
- A decommission plan is in place to safely remove all materials at the end of the project
2021 - 2022Development
2022 - 2023Construction
Work With Us
Pine Gate Renewables is dedicated to engaging with the communities we are a part of, listening to community feedback, understanding the concerns and values of our neighbors, and making changes when we can. We are committed to being a good neighbor for the long term and we want to hear from you!
Send us your questions and we will work diligently to answer your inquiry in a timely manner.
Work With Us! Pine Gate Renewables also strives to work with local business and organizations whenever possible during the development, construction, and lifespan of our projects. From equipment rental and service, to lodging and hospitality, or IT and other technology needs, if you own or manage a business and are interested in partnering with Pine Gate Renewables on the Porter Solar Project, please include your company name and information about your services on the contact form and we will be in touch.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pine Gate Renewables: Getting Solar Done
Pine Gate Renewables is a U.S.-based leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financing of utility-scale solar and storage projects. Pine Gate currently operates more than 1GW of renewable energy across 89 projects and has more than 18GW in active development.
In Texas, Pine Gate is leading the way for energy solutions by expanding access to renewable energy and supporting Texas’ future as a leading energy producer. With more than $1 billion in capital investment planned for numerous projects that will generate 1.2GW of clean energy, Pine Gate Renewables is proud to be a part of the clean energy economy in Texas, bringing jobs and low-cost clean power to communities across the state to help meet Texas’ growing energy demand.