We work with a variety of partners to develop, finance and power our solar projects, from the individual landowner to corporations looking to meet their renewable energy goals.
By having a diversified execution platform and project portfolio footprint, Pine Gate has extensive experience working with utility companies across the country. We collaboratively partner with utilities to facilitate energy connections, integrating into existing systems and are adept at:
- Direct energy sales to the utility via cost competitive PPAs
- Turnkey project sales
- Utility-sponsored green tariff programs
- Utility-sponsored community solar programs
- Construction and interconnection
A few of our utility partners…
Some of our energy buyers include:
From Fortune 500 companies to local municipalities to prominent universities, Pine Gate provides clean power and financial solutions to dozens of partners across the country. We partner with energy buyers to help them meet their renewable energy goals and to bring cost competitive clean energy to their local customers.
Our reputation for project execution, financing creativity and transparency throughout contract negotiation make Pine Gate a trusted and reliable partner.
Pine Gate focuses on the individual needs of our partners and our team is experienced in a variety of power marketing structures, including:
- Traditional Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs)
- Hedge Structures like Virtual Power Purchase Agreements (VPPAs)
- Green Tariff Programs like the Green Source Advantage
- Programmatic Opportunities, including Community Solar
- Renewable Energy Certificates (REC) Agreements
As an independently-owned renewable energy development and finance company, Pine Gate works with lenders and capital partners to maximize value at every stage of a project’s lifecycle, from land origination to asset management.
Solar energy development is booming. According to the Solar Energy Industry Association, the U.S. solar market will install nearly 100GWdc of solar within the next five years – a 42% increase since 2015.
Companies across the country, along with city and state officials are all looking for more ways to incorporate renewable energy into their overall energy generation plans. With negotiated fixed energy rates, our EPC partnership with Blue Ridge Power and our savvy financial team, Pine Gate’s solar projects offer extremely attractive long-term investment opportunities.
A few of our partners that make our projects possible…
Our landowners are the backbone of getting solar done. We consider ourselves partners and good stewards of our landowner’s property, helping to create an attractive investment opportunity for future generations.
Like any good business, we pride ourselves on building long-term relationships with the landowners we work with. We rely on clear communication and follow-through so they are informed about the process of building a solar farm, and the benefits it brings to them and the community at large.
- Competitive Terms - Generous lease and purchase terms.
- White Glove Service - Clear communication and partnership for every step of development.
- We Do all the Work - No responsibility for equipment or development.
- Reduced Tax Liability - We pay the property taxes on the land we lease.
- Long-term Financial Asset - A long-term lease can provide income for generations to come.
Pine Gate Renewables is aggressively pursuing acquisitions of solar, storage and solar plus storage projects throughout the United States and has a strong history of success. We have acquired, constructed and placed in service more than 1 GW of projects in the last four years and worked with a wide range of development partners and project sellers.
Pine Gate will review projects with any of the following characteristics:
- Pre-NTP projects at any stage of development
- Located in the United States including, but not limited to, the Southeast, PJM, MISO, and the Pacific Northwest
- Capacity above 5 MW AC with a target size ~80 MW AC
- Projects without offtake or with offtake that have PPAs of any term
Every step of the way, we work with local communities to create jobs, bring tax dollars and contribute to the betterment of the locations in which we operate. We collaborate with various local elected officials, residents, environmental organizations and partners in each community.
During the construction process, we’re a part of the local community for approximately a year and we look for ways to contribute beyond just the solar farms themselves.
Construction of our large-scale solar projects also leads to increased activity at local hotels and restaurants, business for local heavy machinery rental companies and substantial revenue to local governments.