Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
In early 2021, Pine Gate made the strategic decision to form a spinoff company – Blue Ridge Power – to be a stand-alone EPC services company, housing Pine Gate’s EPC team. Blue Ridge Power also acquired Horne Brothers Construction, one of the leading subcontracting companies in the industry, thereby bringing integrated engineering, a qualified professional labor force and an expansive fleet of equipment to serve the needs of its clients looking for a turnkey solution for solar and solar + storage projects. Blue Ridge Power currently oversees more than 1 GW of operational assets and has 700MW under construction, with 2,500MW in the pipeline for construction in 2021-2022 around the country.
Are you an e-learning expert who enjoys developing engaging learning experiences? Do you love working collaboratively in a dynamic environment where each day is different? Do you thrive on managing multiple projects while supporting people in a fast-paced growing company? If so, read on to join Pine Gate Renewables!
We are looking for a creative Instructional Designer to join our team. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Learning & Development. In this role you’ll create bespoke e-learning content, curate available content for team members across both Pine Gate Renewables & Blue Ridge Power and manage our newly implemented LMS. As the second member of the L&D team, you’ll have an opportunity to collaborate with SMEs to define priorities for content creation, own projects for curriculum development & delivery, and help chart the course for L&D in years to come.
What You’ll Do
- Develop e-learning courses to deliver content via a blended learning model
- Design & create e-learning modules in conjunction with key stakeholders
- Use a variety of multimedia and authoring tools to build content in desired platforms for blended learning
- Administer enterprise-wide Learning Management System (LMS)
- Compile periodic data for reporting on course completion, learner engagement, knowledge/skill transfer, and other indicators of learning impact for business leaders
- Serve as point person for LMS engagement and troubleshooting for employees
- Assist with operational tasks for learning and development as needed
- 2-5 years of experience in eLearning and/or multimedia development
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to plan project tasks/events and execute the timeline
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, eLearning software, Adobe Photoshop & Flash, & Acrobat Pro
- Demonstrated skills in image manipulation, graphic design, audio & video production & post-production, animation/motion graphics, and/or illustration
- Collaborative mindset and a proven ability to work with a variety of people across lines of business
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solar or renewable energy experience
- Experience with 360Learning LMS
- LMS Integration
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as instructional design, educational technology, or equivalent work experience