Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
This role will help perform GIS data analysis in support of utility scale solar site origination, development and engineering. Having previous experience using ESRI ArcMap is a must, prior renewables experience is a plus but not necessary. The GIS analyst will work closely with Sr. GIS Manager to perform detailed environmental/ solar site evaluation and engineering GIS package creation. This role will also help develop overall company data sharing strategy by using the latest ESRI technologies. The ideal candidate will be passionate about GIS data science, ESRI product suite and ArcGIS online.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with fast paced utility scale solar origination, development, and engineering teams to provide timely GIS deliverables.
- Perform geoprocessing tasks, data digitization, feature creation and 3D elevation models
- Research GIS data availability & cost options (e.g., parcel data, electric data, environmental data)
- Build and maintain GIS databases and data libraries
- Generate and customize online maps using ArcGIS online
- 2-5 years of GIS work experience (ESRI ArcMap 10.X, Spatial Analyst & ArcGIS Online)
- Ability to handle multiple assignments on timely basis to meet deadlines
- Able to work independently with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong Interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Some working experience using ArcGIS Pro and Model Builder
- Strong ability to learn quickly to use new GIS tools and software
- Proficient in Salesforce, Google Earth, and MS Office Suite
- Utility Scale Solar Origination, development, or engineering experience
- Experience with Python, ArcGIS Enterprise or 3D Modeling
- Experience using PV Design software such as PVsyst, Plant Predict or Sunfig
- Understanding of Photovoltaic Design on a conceptual basis
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in GIS, Geography, Planning, Computer Science or Engineering required, Master’s Degree is preferred
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required