Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Pine Gate Renewables (PGR) is looking to grow its Real Estate team with the hire of a Title and Survey Paralegal to work closely with PGR’s in-house attorneys and title experts in (i) the review, negotiation, and issuance of title insurance policies and ALTA surveys, and (ii) clearing defects which limit the use of surface rights of utility-scale renewable energy solar and storage projects throughout the United States. We are looking for someone who is extremely attentive to detail and a problem-solver. This position will operate in a fast-paced environment which will require effective communication with both internal and external parties. This position will report to Title and Real Estate Counsel. We will consider remote work situations depending on relevant work experience.
What You'll Do
- Interface with title insurers and surveyors in ordering, reviewing and negotiating title commitments and ALTA surveys, removal of title defects and issuance of title insurance policies.
- Communicate and work with counsel and third parties to remove title defects which limit the use and insurability of surface use rights.
- Work with internal project managers and development leads in order to obtain the information and facts necessary to finalize and execute the issuance of title policies as part of financing transactions
- Assist the in-house attorneys in reviewing site control documentation during acquisition of external renewable energy projects
- Experienced title and survey paralegal with at least two (2) years of related experience in commercial title and survey issues
- High attention to detail and ability to accurately pull relevant information from multiple sources
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial attitude towards problem solving
- Prior experience working with surveyors, title companies and lending institutions
- Formal paralegal license issued from at least one US jurisdiction
- Prior experience with commercial real estate closings, both acquisitions and financings
- Prior experience in renewable energy industry is a plus
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Fast paced environment requiring ability to simultaneously balance many assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight and collaboratively with inside/outside parties, as needed
- Some limited travel may be required