Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Our Associate Project Manager supports the planning and execution of small to large utility scale solar construction projects. You will work with the Project Manager to oversee a portfolio of projects from late stage development through engineering, construction, and closeout while interfacing with subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
What You’ll Do
- Assist Project Manager with multiple competing projects to deliver successful and profitable results.
- Work with internal teams including project development, engineering, finance, accounting, and external clients to execute projects.
- Establish, update, and communicate project schedule to internal and external parties.
- Assist Project Manager with contract negotiations involving SOW, SOVs, budgets, and schedules.
- Manage all aspects of project documentation including submittals, RFIs, RFPs, and closeout documentation.
- Manage contract scope and perform change management.
- Facilitate purchasing and issuance of subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Represent company/project in meetings with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Assist with job cost reports, ACRs and cashflow forecasting.
- Enforce project reporting and documentation requirements to internal team members and external subcontractors.
- Assist Project Manager with coordination of utility requirements, inspections, and operation procedures.
- Ensure contractors are meeting PGR safety and quality standards and are regularly conducting safety related inspections and reporting.
- Review Design documents for constructability and verify complete and accurate scopes.
- Identify and resolve design conflicts and missing information by preparing, tracking, submitting, and distributing pre-construction RFIs.
- Oversee and facilitate purchasing and issuance of subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Coordinate with O&M to ensure all EPC obligations have been met for a successful O&M turnover.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in commercial building construction.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of project scheduling concepts, techniques, and software such as MS-Project, Primavera P6 or other related industry scheduling tools.
- Working knowledge of MS-Office suite, including advanced usage of MS-Excel.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture or Business Management (Practical experience is sufficient)
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required