Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Pine Gate is growing and needs your help to manage the quality control and commissioning processes of our utility scale solar projects. As the Project Manager, Commissioning and Quality Control you will manage all aspects of commissioning with daily interface with subcontractors and internal team members. Documentation and completeness of commissioning records will be essential to success.
What You’ll Do
- Manage and coordinate the commissioning process including review of pre-functional checklists, functional testing procedures and actual functional testing to successfully commission all of the company’s utility-scale solar projects
- Review and revise as necessary pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures
- Prepare the specific project quality control and commissioning schedule for each project, including resource management of personnel procedures and activities
- Ensure the commissioning plan complies with the appropriate external regulatory bodies and off-takers requirements
- Manage 3rd party testing when necessary
- Review and verify completed testing documentation
- Maintain schedules
- Manage, monitor, and track project objectives including the scope of work, schedule, and budget
- Oversee commissioning activities to determine whether the work has been executed in accordance with contract documents, manufacturer requirements, applicable quality standards, and safety standards
- Conduct and document weekly progress meetings and other routine and special purpose meetings.
- 7+ years’ work history in renewable or traditional energy development and transmission planning.
- At least three (3) years of experience commissioning utility-scale solar projects
- Effectively communicate and interact with technical and non-technical groups that include engineering, operations, and finance
- Proficiency in reading utility-scale solar design plans and equipment specifications
- A solid understanding of major electrical equipment such as switchgear, VAR systems, reclosers, and MV transformers
- Knowledge and expertise about PV solar equipment including PV modules, combiner boxes, solar trackers, inverters, DAS/SCADA equipment, communications hardware, meteorological sensors, etc.
- Knowledge and expertise of PV specific testing and equipment
- IV curve tracing
- VOC testing
- DC operating current checks
- Familiarity with handheld and drone thermal imaging
- Knowledge of IEEE 1547 and NFPA 70E
- Required software: Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Preferred software: Procore
- Knowledge of ISO, PJM and Utility interconnection process is a plus
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, or related field
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Ability to travel; between 30% and 50% depending on location