Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
Pine Gate Renewables, LLC, a solar energy development company, is seeking to hire a motivated Director of Commodities with a focus on electrical equipment. They will drive the strategy and execution of procurement for major equipment (inverters, transformers, substation equipment, BOS). Ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of procurement experience with an established network of contacts in the solar industry. This position reports directly to the VP of Procurement and will be a key role on a dynamic procurement team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of procurement associate professionals, providing coaching, training and inspired leadership that supports the team’s growth
- Analyze all suppliers in order to select the most suitable suppliers who are able to deliver high quality products at competitive pricing.
- Monitor pricing indices of raw materials to determine optimal procurement timing of equipment
- Negotiate with suppliers on lead-time, cost and quality so as to obtain the maximum benefit for the company.
- Manage suppliers to meet objectives related to cost, delivery performance, schedule and quality.
- Develop purchasing or sourcing strategies based on portfolio analyses and supplier preferencing study.
- Define and maintain documented category and supplier strategies using market and competitive data.
- Develop, implement, and drive the procurement strategies in order to meet cost savings targets.
- Review and manage the supplier base to ensure consistency with the sourcing strategy.
- Perform regular performance review with suppliers to drive continuous improvements.
- Routinely conduct market research to identify macroeconomic risks impacting pricing and lead times
- Ensure commercial, legal and contractual compliances in all the procurement transactions.
- Adopt appropriate supplier management methodologies and procurement strategies in purchasing to secure better prices.
- Coordinate with vendor on continuous quality improvement.
Desired skills and experience
- 5+ years of solar experience in a procurement role
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or renewables/sustainable energy
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, priority setting and time management skills
- Highly collaborative team member
- Works well under pressure