Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 750MW of operational assets, with more than 10GW in active development and has raised over $2 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables was named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
We believe in entrepreneurship at Pine Gate and are looking for an experienced Performance Engineer to join our growing Development team. You will be responsible for blending the two technologies (Solar and Energy Storage) while providing high-quality simulation results and expert guidance on new projects to Pine Gate’s development teams as well as to external customers. The individual will not only be expected to have strong technical skills but should also possess exceptional customer relationship and communication skills.
If you find renewable development exciting, have experience with relevant software (PV syst, SAM, PV Wats, Grid PIQ, CAD, GIS, etc.) and excited to learn and apply storage technology, we want to speak with you. It helps if you enjoy a fast-paced environment and like to have fun. Read on to learn more about how you will become a subject matter expert within our development and strategy team and help build the grid of the future.
What You’ll Do
- High quality simulation results for solar projects: You have become a trusted guide to our development teams when it comes to creating a robust and accurate production profile for our solar projects in development stage. You work with our project developers and vendors on how to create an efficient 8760 as well 12x24 energy forecast while using internal or external simulation platform.
- Learn and deliver hybrid forecast: As storage technology gets mature, you learn with us and successfully blend the storage and solar technology to offer the best-in-class value proposition to our existing and prospective off-takers. This also includes developing scope of work, engineering reviews, compliance checks, and assisting internal groups to deliver critical data over the development and construction lifecycle.
- Cross-Functional support: At Pine Gate, we believe in teamwork. You work effectively with various teams (finance, engineering, land origination and procurement) to take the project from infancy stage to development and finally through execution phase.
- Effective Communication: Being an effective communicator is key to our success. As a technical expert, you learn on how to communicate your ideas to our team as well pursued our customers and investors especially while adopting new technology such as energy storage.
- Quality control and efficiency: You have come up at least one process improvement idea on how to make the internal processes more efficient while maintaining or exceeding the quality of our work.
- Background in advanced statistics is highly desirable, and ability to visualize and communicate key performance and production metrics to a diverse audience.
- Comfort working in a high volume; fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Keen attention to detail and the accuracy of data
- Superb communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to provide updates at all levels as well as the ability to tailor communications to suit a variety of audience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to remote sites and visit partner locations.
- High customer service standards.
- Drive to become a though leader and expert in the industry.
- Power industry experience, particularly in the solar and storage industry.
- Experience with solar resource assessment and metrology.
- Experience with GIS and CAD programs.
- Experience in energy modeling for PPAs, negotiating supplier contracts, and supporting PPA discussions is highly desirable.
- Strong programming ability, software development experience is a plus.
Education and Certifications
- Minimum Bachelor of Science in Engineering, or related field
- Master’s degree is preferred