The Transaction Associate provides critical project support and coordination functions for the internal finance team. This position supports our transactions department and works with attorneys, lenders and investors to facilitate a smooth closing of project acquisitions, tax equity and loan closing transactions. The perfect candidate will be a highly motivated, enthusiastic, problem-solving individual who is a self-starter and eager to learn and grow. They will be responsible for many administrative duties related to the Transactions. This position reports to the Transaction Manager and works closely with other members of the finance and legal teams. This role requires flexibility and the ability to coordinate and deliver on multiple deadlines while staying engaged in seeing project closings through to completion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs advanced administrative, information management and project coordination functions.
- Assists the Development/Finance/Legal Team with due diligence, title review, acquisitions relating to the Transactions.
- Build file structure for external data rooms and manage naming conventions for each file pre and post-closing.
- Manage investor closing checklist and internal PGR closing checklists and Q&A trackers.
- Assist with forming and maintaining compliance with various business entities including limited liability companies
- Attend internal and external diligence calls and offer support as needed, often running the diligence calls.
- Interact with all departments within Pine Gate Renewables to obtain financing closing diligence items.
- Field investor and lender questions on project diligence.
- Maintain the closing timeline and hold company departments accountable for closing efficiently and on time.
- Coordinate all closing logistics, including signature pages, recording logistics, and other administrative duties.
- Follows up on all post-closing activities and works closely with asset management to ensure proper handoff.
- Managing the internal and external data share sites during the financing stages of the project lifecycle.
- Assists in generating a post-closing memo to be used internally for handoff to asset management.
- Process/organize/file all documents connected with financial closing.
- Provide excellent customer services to both internal and external parties.
Desired skills and experience
- A bachelor’s degree or certificate in paralegal studies
- Familiarity with corporate entity formation, maintenance, and corporate governance
- Strong work ethic and ability to self-start in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, as these are necessary to delivering consistent, quality work product
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, priority setting and time management skills
- Notary public a plus
- Ability to work with little supervision and to seek help when needed
- Patience, determination and a sense of humor
- Works well under pressure