The Logistics Planner supports the successful construction of solar projects through planning and execution of the delivery cycle for components necessary for construction. The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail oriented and excels in multi-tasking and problem solving.
What You’ll Do
- Provide logistical administrative support to the organization
- Assist in logistical planning for all EPC activities
- Handle routine questions and problems and maintain open communication with other departments
- Monitor and manage shipment activity including shipment tracing, receipt, and invoicing
- Manage large volumes of critical information through reviewing, updating, and maintaining databases
- Maintain accurate history and data records for the support of all ongoing metrics and analytics
- Provide reconciliation of site deliveries to delivery documentation and report on activity
- Assist those working with vendors, project managers, procurement, and field staff to ensure timely delivery of products and provide efficient communication to support construction needs
- Proactively manage on-time performance, inventory and quality with vendors
- Collect, analyze, and present data in accurate and concise formats to provide the highest level of service for both internal and external customers
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve shipping inaccuracies
- Maintain and distribute delivery schedules and other supply chain activities.
- 3 years of proven experience in the supply chain, purchasing, planning, logistics industry
- High degree of detail orientation.
- Advanced written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Computer proficiency and advanced knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and logistics programs
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting, scheduling, routing
- Exceptional ability to conceptualize large-picture projects and foresee challenges and needs to be addressed
- Proven skill in problem solving
- Strong organizational, analytical, and mathematical skills
- Experienced and successful in running multiple logistics projects at various stages simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, multi-task, and make decisions in fast-paced and ever-changing settings; strong attention to detail and emphasis on accuracy; superior time management and organizational abilities
- Solar or renewable energy experience
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, supply chain or related field
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Position works in an office environment.
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 25 pounds.
- May require occasional travel
- Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer for extended periods of time.