Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Civil Engineering Designer to assist PGR’s civil design engineering department. The Civil Engineering Designer will impact the overall company success, engineering practices, and implementation. The candidate must have a distinguished record of civil engineering site design and project success. Must have relevant industry experience for consideration.
What You’ll Do
- Investigating local, state, and federal regulatory requirements to ensure project compliancy.
- Perform civil site development tasks including due diligence, design, permitting, and construction site visits when relevant.
- Preparing construction documents, supporting calculations, and permitting applications packages.
- Creating engineering tools and templates
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D to prepare stormwater, grading and erosion control plans, and earthwork calculations.
- Coordinate/Interface with engineering, finance, construction to ensure effective development of solar projects.
- Self-review of deliverables for quality control.
- Work with the development team to problem solve around various development issues.
- Prepare zoning plans and site constraints maps.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as civil design engineer.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil 3D software.
- In-depth knowledge of site design principles, grading, erosion control, and stormwater management.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, evolving environment.
- Availability to perform construction site visits when relevant.
- Strong ability to build and maintain good relationships and work within a team environment in a friendly, professional, and collaborative manner.
- Highly resourceful in an organizational environment with proven ability to timely achieve goals that require substantial coordination with internal and external team members.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage competing deadlines.
- A desire to work in a project-oriented environment where workflow and tight deadlines may occur.
- Self-starter and tenacious
- Proven ability to thrive with minimal oversight while timely reporting on progress and completing tasks without prompting.
- Exceptional personal organizational skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and personal responsibility for work.
- Exceptional analytical, quantitative, and research skills.
- Exceptional ability to solve multi-factor problems with various unknowns applying a rigorous, data-driven analytical framework.
- Solid written and oral communication skills with the proven ability to distill complex, multi-factor problems into clear, actionable deliverables.
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback and make corrective changes.
- PE Certification
- Proficient with Salesforce
- Proficient with ProCore
- Proficient with Teams
- Experience with energy project development
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or other related technology degree.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required (construction site visits)