Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a PV CAD Designer to perform drafting and project support tasks for distributed generation and utility scale photovoltaic systems. Candidate will work with a team of 2-4 other engineers and CAD designers. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results-oriented. This position will report to the Lead PV Engineer.
What You’ll Do
- In conjunction with PV Design Engineer, create conceptual design layouts for PV power plants utilizing AutoCAD, PVCAD, and PV design software.
- Create electrical site plans, array plans, construction details, and single line diagrams for utility Interconnection Applications, electrical permits, and construction documents.
- Complete detailed drawings from sketches, plans, specifications, and written and verbal instructions using AutoCAD.
- Work with department to develop CAD drawing standards.
- Must be capable of self-checking routine assignments.
- Performs basic functions of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, AutoCAD, and PV design software.
- Must interface well with employees at all levels.
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
- 3+ years of CAD or engineering technician experience with focus on PV industry preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- PV design software proficiency preferred.
Education and Certifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from technical college or university.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required