Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Project Engineer to perform engineering and project support tasks for distributed generation and utility scale photovoltaic systems. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results oriented.
What You'll Do
- Create conceptual design layouts for PV power plants utilizing AutoCAD, PVCAD, and Helios 3D design software.
- Generate energy models utilizing PVSYST software.
- Create electrical site plans, construction details, and single line diagrams for utility Interconnection Applications, electrical permits, and construction documents.
- Perform electrical calculations for AC and DC cable sizing, voltage drop, overcurrent protection, grounding, and other design elements.
- Review and analyze utility pre-screen reports, system impact studies, and interconnection service agreements.
- Coordinate responses to construction RFIs and equipment Submittals from vendors, sub-contractors and independent engineers.
- Manage and build third party engineering consultant partnerships
- Provide technical support to Pine Gate Renewables’ development, procurement, construction, and O&M departments
- Develop proficiency in NEC and other applicable state and local codes.
- Additional duties as assigned and/or directed.
- AutoCAD proficiency.
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical principles.
- Knowledge of National Electric Code, International Building Code, International Fire Code and other standards relevant to the industry.
- PVSYST and/or Helios 3D design software proficiency preferred.
- Knowledge of medium voltage distribution and protection systems preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- 2+ years of Project Engineering experience preferred.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent Technology program.
- NABCEP or PE certification