Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Market Strategy Analyst to join our growing Development team. As the analyst, you will be a member of a cross-functional execution team accountable for the origination, development, power marketing and monetization of a portfolio of selected projects. Under the Director of Market Strategy's direction, your functions will include coordinating across the different disciplines within the execution team to optimize project value, monitoring and communicating changes to portfolio value and status, researching, and understanding state regulatory frameworks, and ownership of reporting processes and regulatory filings associates with project revenue streams. You will be capable of meeting high standards in a deadline driven environment while being coached by leaders from different departments and execution teams.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to strategic planning and reporting by working with the execution team on project execution, portfolio monetization, offtake opportunities, project M&A and construction schedules.
- Coordinate all FERC filings across the organization including reactive power, MBRA, FERC 203 and other federal filings required for projects
- Coordinate with internal teams on policy initiatives to creatively assess and explore potential for new market development, including conducting market and industry research and analysis.
- Assist power marketing effort by reviewing offtake opportunities and exploring creative solutions for our proposals from all customer segments.
- Assist with the management of due diligence of projects that are potential acquisitions to confirm projects are economically viable and constructible within applicable deadlines.
- Collaborate with Project Finance, Energy Storage, Transmission Strategy and EPC team-members to optimize late stage projects in advance of closing.
- Help network and manage relationships along the entire industry to find opportunities and drive value.
- Help develop and manage marketing materials to drive policy and build business relationships.
- 0-3 years of experience working in business development, project development, or policy and government affairs in renewable energy.
- Knowledge of energy related policy and the regulatory processes.
- Creative thinking is a must. The ability to think outside the box to find and explore opportunities to drive value to the current and future pipelines.
- Excellent quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decision, prioritize, and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency and organization
- Demonstrated academic interest in renewable energy preferred.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required