The Construction Project Manager is responsible for construction project execution of multiple small to large scale utility solar projects. The Construction Project Manager must be proactive to prevent potential problems and work toward mitigation of any issues impacting safety, construction, schedule and cost.
What You'll Do
- Maintain project schedules and budgets
- Manage all project subcontractors, documentation, field staff and identify potential risk
- Responsible for projects completing on time, within budget, and in compliance with all technical, commercial, safety regulatory, and environmental requirements to meet or exceed performance targets
- Perform design reviews of vendor drawings, calculations, specifications, procedures, and related documents
- Review and approve vendor project execution plans and project schedule
- Identify and quantify project risks and develop risk mitigation plans
- Responsible for project budgets and project performance metrics
- Monitor and review EPC contractor costs, schedule, and progress
- Analyze and forecast cost and schedule projection reports
- Be required to handle more than one project at once and operate under various roles and responsibilities as indicated in the job function above
- Emphasize QA and technical requirements through performance-based inspections
- Maintain thorough understanding of Pine Gate/EPC contracts
- Work with internal teams including project development, engineering, finance, accounting, legal and field level construction managers to execute projects
- Schedule regular management meetings and/or job walks to maintain quality control and strong relationships with owners, subs, and project team members
- Establish, update, and communicate project schedule to stakeholders and contractors while managing its implementation
- Assist the CMs and Superintendents with resolution of specific issues and requests
- Manage contract scope and perform change management
- Facilitate purchasing and issuance of subcontracts and purchase orders
- Represent company/project in meetings with clients, subcontractors, etc.
- Ensure contractors are meeting PGR safety and quality standards and are regularly conducting related inspections and reporting
- 4+ years progressive experience in commercial building construction as a Construction Project Manager or higher
- Strong project management skills including budget adherence and cost control measures
- Experience dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experience leading successful project team, including development of employee and maintaining relationships with external entities
- Working knowledge of project scheduling concepts, techniques, and software such as MS-Project, Primavera P6 or other related industry scheduling tools
- Working knowledge of MS-Office suite, including advance use of MS-Excel
- Multi-project execution experience with solar utility projects ranging from 1MW-20MW+
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Able to travel for extended periods of time at various locations.
- Experience with directly managing craft labor and equipment
- Advanced written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to eﬀectively work with all levels of the organization
- Strong technical, analytical, and problem-solving ability.
- Possess integrity and commitment to compliance.
- Ability to review and understand multi-trade construction drawings and specifications, as well as construction best practices across and array of trades, including surveying, civil, structural, thermal and moisture protection, and electrical construction.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency.
- Must have valid Driver's License.
- 4+ years of progressive construction project management experience focused on commercial solar projects
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Architecture, Business Management, or equivalent professional experience
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required