The Construction Manager is responsible for construction project execution of multiple small to large scale utility solar projects. The Construction Manager must be proactive to prevent potential problems and work toward mitigation of any issues impacting Safety, Construction, Schedule and Cost.
What You'll Do
- Execute, oversee, and optimize the pre-construction specifics of multiple portfolios/projects.
- Supervises and/or coordinates activities such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, analysis and contract administration.
- Ensure safety program is being followed across all responsible projects.
- Assist with change, risk and quality management.
- Conduct construction progress inspections at sites before, during and after active construction for quality control and progress reporting.
- Interact daily with contractors and consultants to provide assistance and guidance in the preparation and coordination of deliverables such as scopes of work, capital need assessments, contract documents, schedule of values, submittals, contracts, applications, and permitting.
- Communicate with stakeholders as needed.
- Verify constructability, resource allocations, and assess field status of projects and resolve issues as needed.
- Work closely with partners to develop estimates and evaluate budgets.
- Oversee the project timeline and progress of the pre-construction process through to closing, and hand off to our field teams.
- Manage all aspects of the project schedule as it relates to permitting, material purchase and delivery, and the construction process.
- Assist with project engineering plan design review, evaluation and implementation.
- Assist with contractor payment requests.
- Facilitate defining a scope of work, construction goals, and stakeholder deliverables for each project.
- Achieve the project objectives and controlling construction phase risk by applying current performance pro’s and con’s to upcoming projects to ensure the highest probability of accuracy in the scopes, quality in materials, schedules, and costs.
- Multi-document review and quality control related to guiding agency requirements.
- Attend and lead pre-construction meetings via conference calls and in-person meetings.
- Identify potential problems and corrective actions that need to be implemented on current and future work in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate records by monitoring all document changes and costs associated.
- At least 5 years of experience in commercial construction or managing utility scale solar projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate expectations, goals and concerns to subcontractors and project management team members.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to review and understand multi-trade construction drawings and specifications, as well as construction best practices across and array of trades, including surveying, civil, structural, thermal and moisture protection, and electrical construction.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency.
- Experience in the solar industry
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- May require lifting/carrying items up to 50 pounds.
- Travel up to 100%.
- Position requires travel by car and working remote.