Pine Gate Renewables a solar energy development company, is seeking to hire an experienced Supply Chain Director. S/he will manage a team of logistics professionals and PGR controlled warehouses to ensure just in time deliveries to utility scale solar projects in the US. Ideal candidate will have an extensive experience in supply chain management and understanding of construction sequencing. This position reports directly to the VP of Pre-Construction and will be a key leadership role on a dynamic logistics team.
What You’ll Do
- Manage logistics team including goal setting for both professional and personal growth
- Develop strategy for inventory control. This will include coordination with onsite construction teams, logistics team and accounting.
- Research an implement inventory control software to automate processes onsite and ensure accurate capture of data that can be used to verify deliveries
- Negotiate contracts with 3PL partners
- Work with procurement teams on production slot planning, take a holistic view of pipeline and make recommendations for moving and allocating materials to ensure success of all project
- Manage ongoing warehouses leases
- Manage warehouse operations including hiring staff for loading, offloading, and inventory control
- Manage process for RMAs and warranty claims during construction
- Continuous improvement of all supply chain activities
- 5 years of experience in supply chain management/operations in a construction setting
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, priority setting and time management skills
- Patience, determination and a sense of humor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrive in a fast paced environment
- Preference for candidate with solar experience
Education and Certifications
- A bachelor’s degree supply chain management, construction management or project management. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Ability to travel to warehouses as needed
- This position may be located in Charlotte, Asheville or remote