The EPC Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for performing all aspects of accounts payable data entry, gathering of supporting documentation (in digital format), invoice approval review, and payment initiation for the construction department. The position will report to the EPC Accounting Manager, and s/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace.
What You’ll Do
- Responsible for managing all construction-related accounts payable functions, including but not limited to: processing and properly coding invoices from multiple vendors; gathering supporting documentation to support invoices and purchase orders, ensuring invoices are fully approved by responsible managers; issuing payment according to company policy and vendor preference.
- Responsible for printing checks and initiating all ACH/wire transfers for vendor invoices.
- Investigating invoicing errors, discrepancies, and omissions and contacting vendors to resolve any issues.
- Completing vendor credit applications as needed.
- Preparing, issuing and managing lien waivers to subcontractors as needed.
- Providing accurate and effective document preparation and records management relative to AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
Must be detail-oriented with exceptional analytical and organizational skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate in a clear, concise, and effective manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Organized, diligent, and able to troubleshoot, problem-solve and prioritize
- Proficient in data entry and management
- Experience working for a construction or renewable energy company is preferred.
Education and Certifications
- 3 plus years of accounts payable/receivable processing experience or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other related major
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Must be able to sit/stand at a desk and utilize a computer, for extended periods of time