Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Senior Income Tax Specialist excited to learn about income tax compliance in the renewable energy industry. This role will coordinate the income tax compliance, planning and research for this dynamic company. The ideal candidate possesses demonstrable technical skills, solid communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and a positive attitude. In this role, you will coordinate accurate and timely deliverables, assist with continuous improvement initiatives, and support the needs of various departments in the organization.
What You'll Do
- Manage preparation of over 30 business entity income tax returns prepared by our outside accounting advisors, including ensuring timely delivery of tax return drafts to investors, answering questions for tax preparers, review of tax return drafts and comparison of actual to expected results.
- Compile information necessary for completion of the parent company tax returns, including review of general ledger data to identify book/tax differences and preparation of consolidated trial balance for groups of filing entities.
- Prepare quarterly tax provision for reporting as well as projections for use in determining cash flow needs.
- Preparation of franchise tax returns for single member limited liability project companies, as needed.
- Coordinate payment of income and franchise taxes as required.
- Technical research, as needed, at the direction of the Tax Manager.
- Documentation of procedures and positions related to the income tax function.
- Review and response to income tax notices and audit inquiries.
- Assist with analysis of tax impact of proposed transactions as pursued.
- Perform other responsibilities as arise.
- Masters, Accounting or Taxation, or CPA.
- Minimum three (3) plus years of experience in a corporate and/or public accounting tax department.
- Experience with complex organizational structures, including partnerships.
- Proven proficiency in researching technical tax issues.
- Demonstrable intermediate proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, vlookup and other formulas.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, including management of and prioritization of multiple projects, courage to ask questions and seek support when needed, and fortitude to work through technical issues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to develop strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in renewable energy industry
- Experience with state and local income tax issues, including nexus and apportionment
- Fund, construction, and/or real estate accounting experience
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software
- Strong technical writing skills
Education and Certifications
- Masters, Accounting or Taxation, or CPA
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be required
- This position may be located in Charlotte, Asheville or remote