Pine Gate Renewables is seeking a Staff Accountant that is excited to learn and grow with a dynamic organization in the renewable energy industry. This role maintains the general ledger accounts and records for multiple project companies in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The ideal candidate possesses solid communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and a positive attitude. In this role, you will provide accurate and timely financial deliverables, assist with continuous improvement initiatives and support the needs of various departments in the organization.
What You'll Do
- Maintain current records of activity related to your assigned project companies, including recording current month receipts and disbursements.
- Manage cash flow needs for financing and expense disbursements on a weekly basis, including coordination with the Accounts Payable team and preparation of wire transfers associated with money movement.
- Prepare monthly journal entries to properly record and recognize depreciation and amortization of long-lived and intangible assets, prepaid expenses, accrued expenses and financing activities.
- Prepare and maintain schedules to support and reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Work with external financial statement audit team to provide supporting information for assigned project companies and answer related questions.
- Compile information necessary for completion of cost certification reports.
- Assist in preparing construction draw packages for assigned projects.
- Complete excise tax returns as required.
- Assist the Asset Management team in the preparation of investor compliance reporting for assigned project entities and preparation of quarterly waterfall calculations.
- Assist the Senior Fund Accountant in preparation of transaction-related journal entries and analysis of closing invoices.
- Perform other responsibilities as needed.
- BS in Accounting.
- One (1) plus years of corporate and/or public accounting experience.
- Demonstrable intermediate proficiency in Excel, including pivot tables, vlookup and other functions.
- Ability to work independently and effectively, including management of and prioritization of multiple projects, courage to ask questions and seek support when needed, and fortitude to work through technical issues in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to develop strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in a renewable energy industry environment
- Fund, construction, and/or real estate accounting experience
- Experience with joint ventures and complex organizational structures
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
Working Environment and Physical Demand
- Some travel may be
- This position may be out of our Charlotte or Asheville office