At Pine Gate Renewables, we are committed to developing solar farms throughout the country. Our approach utilizes experience-backed management and real-time industry knowledge to site and develop projects in a way that delivers the maximum benefit to communities, utilities, and investors. We work hard, and we like to have fun along the way.
Are you collaborative, highly energetic, and a results-driven person just starting your career? Are you interested in renewable energy and care about the environment? Do you want to learn and grow quickly while making an impact? If you answered yes, then REAP might be a good match.
We are looking for college seniors and new grads to join REAP in May 2021. This 2-year program brings aspiring graduates into entry-level positions within the solar industry focusing on Development, Project Finance, or Engineering. This is an exciting opportunity where you will get cross-functional exposure, gain skills and knowledge necessary to drive performance and paired with a mentor to help guide your career.
The Associate Construction Engineer will perform engineering and project support tasks for distributed generation and utility scale photovoltaic systems. You will have the chance to see how large-scale solar systems are sourced, built, and maintained. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, self-motivated, and results oriented. This is your chance to apply your engineering skills in a business setting.
MORE ABOUT THE JOB
Depending on your background and desires, you’ll be working in one of the following areas:
- Assist and design conceptual design layouts for PV power plants utilizing AutoCAD, PVCAD, and Helios 3D design software.
- Create energy models utilizing PVSYST software.
- Create electrical site plans, construction details, and single line diagrams for utility Interconnection Applications, electrical permits, and construction documents.
- Perform electrical calculations for AC and DC cable sizing, voltage drop, overcurrent protection, grounding, and other design elements.
- Review and analyze utility pre-screen reports, system impact studies, and interconnection service agreements.
- Coordinate responses to construction RFIs and equipment Submittals from vendors, sub-contractors and independent engineers.
Pre-Construction & Construction
- Achieve the project objectives and controlling construction phase risk by applying current performance pro’s and con’s to upcoming projects to ensure the highest probability of accuracy in the scopes, quality in materials, schedules, and costs.
- Execute, oversee, and optimize the pre-construction specifics of multiple portfolios/projects.
- Coordinate activities such as safety programs, engineering, construction, budget, analysis and contract administration.
- Ensure safety program is being followed across all responsible projects.
- Conduct construction progress inspections at sites before, during and after active construction for quality control and progress reporting.
- Interact daily with contractors and consultants to provide assistance and guidance in the preparation and coordination of deliverables such as scopes of work, capital need assessments, contract documents, schedule of values, submittals, contracts, applications, and permitting.
- Verify constructability, resource allocations, and assess field status of projects and resolve issues as needed.
- Assist with project timelines and progress of the pre-construction process through to closing, and hand off to our field teams.
- Assist with project engineering plan design review, evaluation and implementation.
ABOUT YOU (AT A MINIMUM)
- New or recent college graduate as of Spring 2021
- Engineering major required, preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of AC and DC electrical principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects and tasks