Get to know us! Each month, we sit down with one of our employees to get their perspective on the industry and share a little more about them with you. This month, our “5 Questions With” features Steve Levitas, SVP of Regulatory and Government Affairs.
Steve leads the company’s policy, regulatory and government affairs efforts while working collaboratively with electric utilities on new policy initiatives.
1. What does Pine Gate Renewable’s mission of “getting solar done” mean to you?
Solar development is complicated and challenging, with the potential for all sorts of things to go wrong – including landowner relations, community opposition, unfavorable regulatory policy, utility recalcitrance, financing party demands, supply chain problems and operational glitches. “Getting solar done” means overcoming all these challenges through the creativity, collaboration and persistence of a team of incredibly talented people.
2. What are you most optimistic/excited about in this industry?
We’re really close to being able to take solar + storage to scale. That will be a game-changer.
3. What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
To be generous in communicating praise, thanks and gratitude.
4. What is an unknown skill you possess outside of your day job?
I have memorized more than 2,000 lines of poetry. Recitations available on request.
5. What’s one thing still on your bucket list that you hope to achieve in the next 5 years?
I would really like to be fluent in another language. I’m the farthest along with French, so that’s probably the one I’ll choose to focus on.