Get to know us! Each month, we sit down with one of our employees to get their perspective on the industry and share a little more about them with you. This month, our “5 Questions With” features Michael Delaney, SVP of FP&A and Asset Management.
In FP&A’s, Michael’s team collects data from various internal departments to generate cash flow projections which are used to create the financial and operational plans needed to achieve the business’ overarching strategic goals. In Asset Management, the team monitors, analyzes, and reports on our operating and construction assets and is the direct contact with external investors, lenders, and landowners.
1. What does Pine Gate Renewable’s mission of “getting solar done” mean to you?
The mission means doing whatever it takes to bring clean energy to the world. It gives me pride to work for a company that makes a positive impact on the planet.
2. What are you most optimistic/excited about in this industry?
I’m excited to work for a company that is helping combat climate change. It’s also amazing to be a part of this industry and get to see it evolve in real time.
3. What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
To follow the 80/20 principle. 80% of outcomes (outputs) come from 20% of causes (inputs). In the 80-20 rule, you prioritize the 20% of factors that will produce the best results.
4. What is an unknown skill you possess outside of your day job?
I make excellent frozen margaritas – a Delaney party favorite.
5. What’s one thing still on your bucket list that you hope to achieve in the next 5 years?
I’d like to visit every continent. South America and Antarctica are the two left on the list.